My husband and I were reminiscing last night about the many things we learned the hard way when we had our little bundle of love. What we really needed was a little prep course on this thing we call parenthood. Here is what my course syllabus would look like...
- How to gain boob access in almost any outfit.
- How to change a baby’s diaper in a public restroom without catching the plague
- How to breastfeed a crying baby while using the bathroom, cooking dinner, talking on the phone...etc
- How to get a handle on the "fire hose" while changing a diaper
- Differentiating between buttered popcorn and your newborns dirty diaper
- How to cut itty bitty fingernails without cutting off an appendage
- How to react when your child farts in public
- How to drive a car with one arm, while reaching into the backseat to hold a pacifier in your child’s mouth with the other
There are definitely more things that us parents need to become accustomed to after having children, but I think the trick of it all is learning as you go along.
Oh, the joys :)
What would your course syllabus look like? Please do share...I'd love to hear.